2011 Marcellus Midstream Conference
See below for the 2011 conference agenda. To download a presentation, click the speaker's name and enter the username and password you received via email following the event. Your log-in credentials are only applicable to this conference and may only be used by registered attendees.
March 22, 2011
Keynote Opening Address
The booming Marcellus shale-gas play brings a wealth of economic opportunities to Pennsylvanians. D'Amico will discuss new opportunities and challenges for Marcellus midstream operators and supply companies.
- Embracing the Opportunities, Meeting the Challenges
Louis D'Amico, President, Pennsylvania Independent Oil & Gas Association PIOGA
Finance Spotlight: Money in the Pipeline
The smart money is investing in infrastructure to support Marcellus shale-gas production. Here's an overview of some select projects.
- Ben Davis, Partner, Energy Spectrum Capital
Finance: Creating Value in Marcellus Midstream
Marcellus play economics are among the best in the nation. These three midstream financial experts share their analyses on the MLP Index, growth projections, challenges and opportunities in the midstream space.
- MLPs: Financing at Every Level
Kenny Feng, President and CEO, Alerian
- Investing ad IPO-ing: MLPs in the Marcellus
Rob Lane, Managing Director, Madison Williams
- Opportunities for Growth in the Marcellus
Mark Huhndorff, Managing Director – Investment Banking Midstream, Coal and Alternative Energy, Raymond James & Associates
Pipeline Company Spotlight
Midstream operators see loads of growth opportunity in the Marcellus shale play. Here, one of the largest independent transporters of refined petroleum products reveals his plan to monetize the opportunities.
- Kinder Morgan Cochin Marcellus Lateral Project-Moving Marcellus NGLs to Market
Karen Kabin, Director, Business Development, Kinder Morgan Products Pipelines
Panel: Moving the Marcellus
As drilling continues, new pipelines are needed to take gas production to markets. Hear two midstream operators reveal their takeaway plans for the play.
- Brian McKerlie, Vice President, Commercial/Business Development, Spectra Energy
- NiSource's Marcellus Take-Away & The New Pennstar Pipeline
Colin Harper, Senior Vice President, Commercial Operations, NiSource Gas Transmission & Storage
Integrated Operator Spotlight
Magnum Hunter is seizing Marcellus Shale opportunities on the Company's 56,595 net acres located in the liquids rich Northwestern West Virginia and Southeastern Ohio region by expanding its wholly owned Eureka Hunter Pipeline and Processing System to become a fully integrated producer, gatherer, and processor.
- Magnum Hunter's Growing Marcellus E&P Portfolio & Eureka Hunter Pipeline
Gary Evans, Chairman and CEO, Magnum Hunter Resources Corp.
Fireside Chat: Upstream + Midstream = Synergies
Operators and midstream providers find that cooperation and coordination to get just-in-time gathering and transmission lines in place is the way to go. Learn how these executives balance expansion timing and finance to get the job done the right way the first time.
- John Pinkerton, Chairman and CEO, Range Resources - Presentation not available
- Frank Semple, Chairman, President and CEO, MarkWest - Presentation not available
Spotlight: Regulations and Legislations
Rep. Shuster's discussion will provide insight into the upcoming expiration of the U.S. pipeline-safety bill and new laws and regulations affecting current gas-development plans. How can legislators and industry work together to contribute to the Northeast'seconomic and environmental prosperity?
- Federal Support and Potential Impediments to Marcellus Drilling and Take-Away
U.S. Rep. Bill Shuster (R-PA) - Presentation not available
Operator Spotlight: View from the Corner Office
The Pennsylvania oil and gas industry has its roots in nimble, closely held operating companies. Today, stakeholders find that big companies work well, too.
- CONSOL Energy: Perspective from the Leading Diversified Energy Company in the eastern United States
Randy Albert, COO, Gas Operations, CONSOL Energy Inc.
Lessons Learned from Other Shales
Technology and development methods can sometimes, but not always, translate from one shale-gas play to the next. Here is what works… and what might not.
- C. Gregory Harper, Senior Vice President and Group President, Pipelines and Field Services, CenterPoint Energy
Panel: Risk Management: Legal and Regulatory Update
Risk management methods and the legal and regulatory issues affecting the midstream sector are varied and ever changing. Three experts discuss the laws, risk management and ways to insure against the unexpected.
- Identifying and Managing Midstream Legal and Regulatory Risks
Kurt Krieger, Counsel, Steptoe & Johnson
- Managing the "Expected": Continued Price Volatility
Art Cipriani, President, ARM Appalachia, LLC
- Transportation of Natural Gas and Natural Gas Liquids – The Regulatory Risks
Ken Hurwitz, Partner, Haynes and Boone, LLP
Gas Storage Spotlight
With a new facility and plans for further expansions, this company has the gas storage business model down to a science. Hear how the leadership chooses cutting-edge technology to make the grade.
- Maximizing the Marcellus
William R. Moler, Senior Vice President/Natural Gas Midstream Operations, Inergy Midstream LLC
Panel: Gas Storage Optimization
The Marcellus region has more than 800 billion cubic feet of gas storage capacity and 15 billion of daily withdrawal capability. The trick is when to store it, when to move, and how to manage it for the best returns.
- Environmental Issues Affecting Storage Development
Jesse Maruschak, Senior Project Manager, Earth Consulting Group Inc.
- Storage – The Balancing Act – An Operator's Perspective
John Shelton, Director, Gas Storage, NiSource Gas Transmission & Storage
Industry icon Don Raikes provides an overview and wrap up of the day's events.
- Don Raikes, Vice President, Dominion Transmission, Inc.
March 23, 2011
Opening Keynote Address
Midstream and the Marcellus: Opportunities and Challenges for the New Neighbor
- Marcellus Shale Challenges: We're the New Neighbor
Martin Fritz, President, EQT Midstream
The Marcellus play is producing more than 2.5 billion cubic feet of gas per day, and is expected to increase by 400% by 2020. This presentation looks at current and future infrastructure needed to support the play's phenomenal growth.
- Opoku Danquah, Director of Upstream Research, Hart Energy Research
Pipeline Technology Spotlight
Pipeline Research Council International has undertaken six new research projects supported by the U.S. Department of Transportation's Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, including corrosion, dent fatigue, carrier pipes, cleaning-tool technology, management systems and welding procedures. Here's an update.
- Applying Pipeline Research to Shale Gas Assets
Mark Piazza, Program Manager, Pipeline Research Council International
Panel: Midstream Technology
For midstream operators, keeping up with cutting technology is crucial. Advances in technology encompass everything from noise control to pipe-steel grades to turbo-expander engineering. Experts discuss what operators need to know to stay on top.
- Compressor Station and Process Facility Noise Control
Robert Collum, Manager Business Development, United Steel Structures Inc. - Presentation not available
- Enriching Operations Performance with Predictable Fit for Purpose Equipment
Pete Lane, CEO/COO, Valerus
Spotlight: Processing Potentials for Added Value
Rising oil prices are lifting NGL values. For savvy operators wishing to maximize their rich-gas wells. Here's the inside scoop by a major player.
- Marc Halbritter, Managing Director, Commercial Activities, Dominion Transmission, Inc.
Panel: Gathering and Processing for Profits
Three processing operators reveal their plans for creating value with natural gas liquids. This discussion includes strategies for operations, expansions, markets and more.
- Jack Lafield, Co-founder, President & CEO, Caiman Energy, LLC
- Bob Parks, Founder, Superior Pipeline
- Managing Ethane Without A Market
Mike Brinkmeyer, General Manager, Keystone Midstream Services, LLC